Ladies! Are you interested in creating something that is not only delicious, but charitable? Have you ever been interested in brewing beer? If so, you are in luck! During the month of August, breweries across the Charleston area will be hosting a BREWSTER brew day. The beer that is made during those events will be debuted at Craftsman Kitchen and Taphouse on Wednesday, September 14th at 6pm for Charleston Beer Week! $1 per pint will benefit the Center For Women.
Update! The following BREWSTER beer will be on tap:
- Tradesman Brewing - (Not Your) Little Black Dress, Black IPA 8.8%
- Holy City Brewing - Madam Basil, Basil Saison, 6.9%
- Palmetto Brewing - Pinky Brewster, Summer Ale with Beets & Hibiscus, 4.5%
- Cooper River Brewing - Watermelon Wheat, Watermelon Wheat Ale, 4.5%
- Frothy Beard Brewing - Caught Yellow Handed, Golden Ale with Tumeric & Cinnamon, 5.6%
- Fat Pig Brewing - Chocolate Porter, 5.5%
What is BREWSTER you ask?
BREWSTER is a series of events held at breweries that get women on the brew floor. Any experience level is welcome and there is no cost! Participants get hands on experience making a unique beer, while drinking some suds and networking with like-minded bad ass women. They even get to name the beer! Once the brew is ready, it is sold in the tasting room. One dollar from each pint sold is then donated to a local women's charity.
Any ladies out there whom would like to participate in future BREWSTER brew days can reach out to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and get on the email list. These local breweries will attempt to host brew days each quarter for different women’s causes.